From CCB Blog
At a rule hearing in October, the Board adopted rules that helped clarify when contractors were required to use their CCB number in advertising (OAR Rule 812-003-0120(2).
The CCB number must be included on the following:
- Radio or other audio-only media;
- Printed media, such as a newspaper, phone directory, flyers, and signs;
- Internet; such as on a company website, a classified ad site such as Craigslist or a contractor locator service such as Angie’s List;
- Television or other video media;
- All contracts, bids, business cards, letterhead, jobsite signs and inspection reports.
The rule does not apply to promotional gifts, including but not limited to pencils, pens, cups and items of clothing.
Contractors can be fined for failing to use their CCB number in advertising or for using a misleading CCB number.