A few fun Halloween facts from the National Confectioners Association.
- 93 percent of children will go trick-or-treating.
- Bite-sized chocolate candies are the post popular type of candy to be included in Halloween activities (76 percent), followed by bite-sized non-chocolate candies (30 percent).
- Kids tell us that their favorite treats to receive when trick-or-treating are candy and gum.
- Kids’ least favorite items to get in their trick-or-treat bags were fruit and salty snacks like chips and pretzels.
- Ninety percent of parents admit to sneaking goodies from their kids’ Halloween trick-or-treat bags.
- Parents favorite treats to sneak from their kids’ trick-or-treat bags are snack-size chocolate bars (70 percent sneak these), candy-coated chocolate pieces (40 percent), caramels (37 percent) and gum (26 percent).
- Parents least favorite goodie to take from their kids’ trick-or-treat bags is licorice (18 percent).